Wednesday, August 14, 2013

As of Late {A Change of Heart}



{Heal my heart and make it clean}

Lately, I have been working on examining my heart. "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me" (Psalm 51:10). In order to live a pure life, I need to have a pure heart. Only God can cleanse a heart like mine. 

{Open up my eyes to the things unseen}

I have been praying for God to help me to see past myself and to begin caring for those around me. He wants us to take care of those around us. Even if that means just taking the time to ask how they are really doing. More importantly, I need to keep all of my brothers and sisters in my prayers. Almost every time Paul would write a letter to a church, he would talk of how he often prayed for them. "I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers" (Ephesians 1:16). 

{Show me how to love like You have loved me}

I want so badly to see people the way that God sees them. To look past prejudice and judgement. To show people the same love that I have been showed by God day after day. "We love because he first loved us" (1 John 4:19). 

{Break my heart for what breaks Yours}

Compassion. In Matthew, it says that "When {Jesus} saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd" (Matthew 9:36). Jesus didn't make sure to just spend time with the healthy and the righteous because He knew that "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners" (Mark 2:17).  I want to be filled with the compassion that drove Jesus to spend time with the sick, the unrighteous, and the filthy people around Him. 

{Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause}

Every second of everyday, I want to spend bringing glory to God and people closer to Him. There is no other reason to live. "He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned'" (Mark 16:15-16). This was one of the last things Jesus said before ascending into heaven. I take that pretty seriously and I want to make sure to live my life obeying this command. 

{As I walk from earth into eternity}

We only have a short time here on earth to live the life God called us to live. I long to someday hear the words "Well done good and faithful servant". I want to know that I served God all the days of my life and that I lived to bring glory to His name. One of the ways to do this is to live as Christ lived. "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"(Ephesians 5:1-2).

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Hosanna, Hosanna
Hosanna in the Highest.

{Hosanna by Hillsong United}

Amazing things are about to happen for the kingdom of God and I am so excited to be part of it! "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9).  


The best is yet to come.

Becca

2 comments:

  1. You have encouraged your mama's heart! Thank you for sharing yours! I love you, sweet lady!! Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really speaks to me... I need to work on compassion :) But... yes, the best is yet to come! I absolutely can't wait! God is going to do great things! ~Charity~

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for commenting!! :)